Software written by astronomers
- Astronomy survival analysis for right- and left-censored data including the
Kaplan-Meier estimator, several two-sample tests, bivariate correlation
measures and linear regressions. (P)
- MATLAB astronomy library
- MATLAB codes for stellar spectroscopy and various other functions.
- Collection of simple and robust statistical estimators for univariate datasets.
Includes moments, trimmed means, median and other location estimates with
jackknife and bias-corrected bootstrap confidence intervals, Hartigan dip
statistic, goodness-of-fit tests for normality and uniformity, gap detector,
outlier detection, and nonparametric tests for symmetry.
- Sophisticated package for multiscale multiresolution analysis of complex
images based on wavelets. Useful for noise modeling (including Poisson),
faint feature detection, filtering and thresholding, image deconvolution,
blob analysis, image registration, image compression, mathematical
morphology operations, FFT, format conversions (including FITS). Written
in C++ and IDL. P (commercial, not free, package)
Astronomical MATLAB utilities
- Scripts within the MATLAB
environment for astronomical times series including
many types of periodograms, sine-wave fitting, autoregressive modeling with
bootstrap error estimation, various astronomical functions, display capabilities,
coordinate transformations, and more. P
Finding periodicities with splines
- Nonparametric method for locating periodicities in unevenly spaced univariate
data based on efficient least-squares fitting of cubic B-splines.
- Computes ordinary and symmetrical least-squares regression lines for
bivariate data (orthogonal regression, reduced major axis, OLS bisector and
mean OLS) with analytical and bootstrap error analysis.
- Linear regression
with measurement errors and scatter
Weighted ordinary least squares line with heteroscedastic measurement errors
and homoscedastic intrinsic scatter in the dependent variable. Also includes
code in SLOPES.
- Partial correlation
for censored data
- A test for partial correlation between three variables, any or all of which
are subject to censoring, based on a generalized Kendall's tau.
- Weighted wavelet Z-transform (ZIP file for PCs)
Return to StatCodes homepage