General statistics packages and information
- Well-respected library of free statistical software, from Carnegie
Scientific data processing packages
- Extensive list of shareware and public domain scientific
data processing, visualization, image analysis, plotting packages and libraries designed for
use with Linux or other UNIX systems. (P)
- R, and is associated archive network of Web servers CRAN, is a language and
environment for statistical computing and graphics very
similar to Bell Lab's S package. It operates under UNIX and Windows.
It provides a wide variety of techniques including:
generalized linear modelling, least-squares and maximum likelihood
nonlinear modelling, statistical tests, time series analysis,
multivariate classification and clustering, and a variety of
praphical functions. C, C++ and Fortran code can be linked.
- Large mathematics library (about 900 modules) including random number generators,
weighted spline and piecewise polynomial fitting, nonlinear least squares fitting
- Large subroutine library (about 170 modules)
for probability and density distributions, line-printer
plots (histograms, scatter), general statistical analysis, time series analysis,
polynomial regression. (P)
- NIST Core Math Library collection of subroutine libraries including
BLAS, EISPACK, FISHPAK, FNLIB, FFTPACK, LINPACK and
QUASPACK. Contains about 750 modules.
Includes k-means and hierarchical cluster analyses, spine and
piecewise polynomial fits, fast Fourier transforms, nonlinear weighted
orthogonal distance regression, multivariate historgrams, maximum-likelihood
mixture models, bivariate linear regression with measurement errors,
and random number generators. (P)
Matlab and other resources
- An extensive multidisciplinary collection of data analysis programs and
toolboxes in Matlab, Mideva, Excel, C, C++, Fortran, Java, IDL and PVWave.
These are provided by Mathtools.net.
- Inexpensive ($17-$62) PC-based package with 220 statistical tests
and routines. Includes descriptive statistics, ANOVA, parametric and
nonparametric correlation and regression, 1- and 2-sample hypothesis testing,
contingency tables with chi-square tets, many nonparametric tests,
statistical distributions, and some specialized routines. (P)
Matlab econometrics toolbox
- Matlab routines for: least-squares and simultaneous systems;
limited-dependent variables (i.e. censored & truncated dta) regression;
auto-regressive time-series estimation with forecasting; ridge, Theil-Goldberger,
switching regimes, and robust regression; regression diagnostics (e.g.
Belsley, Kuh Welsch, Cook-Weisberg); cointegration testing; statistical
distributions; Bayesian Gibbs sampling estimation and MCMC convergence
diagnostics; maximum-likelihood and Bayesian spatial modelling; and lots
more. Produced by J. P. LeSage, Dept. of Economics, University of Toledo,
with a 350-page manual. (P)
- Powerful interactive statistical computing environmentwith statistical
functions, graphics and visualization, dynamic linking of Fortran/C++
procedures, help files and tutorials with XWindows and Java interfaces.
Built-in libraries include
matrix operations, basic statistics, linear and LOWESS regression,
principal components and factor analysis, 2- and
3-dimensional graphics, wavelets, generalized additive models, ARMA and
nonlinear ARCH time series models, censored and truncated linear
regression (Tobit models), errors-in-variables measurement error linear
models, generalized linear models for non-linear and truncated problems,
nonparametric single index models, kernel smoothing, spline regression,
neural network regression and classification, wavelet transforms and
regression. Platforms include Solaris 2 and Linux using X11 and Motif.
Commercial package (P)
- Comprehensive data analysis package for life scientists. Statistical portion
includes descriptive statistics (means, variance, contingency tables), graphs
(histograms, boxplots, scatter plots, Kaplan-Meier survival curves, graph editing),
testing (test equality of means and variances [chi-squares, F-test, t-test, ANOVA,
nonparametric tests [Kruskal-Wallis, Wilcoxon, Mann-Whitney, Friedman's, Cochran's
Q., McNemar's Q., Ansari-Bradley, sign], correlation and ANCOVA, contingency table
analysis, survival analysis, testing distributions [Shapiro-Wilk, Kolmogorov-Smirnov],
survival analysis [Kaplan-Meier estimator, logrank, Gehan-Breslow and Taronw-Ware
two-sample tests], probit analysis; linear and multiple regression, nonlinear
modeling, logistic regression. Comprehensive on-line documentation and glossary.
Commercial package (P)
- UNIX utilities for numerical analysis and graphics including animation,
rotations, Fourier transforms, data filtering. (P)
- Data manipulation and analysis programs for UNIX and MS-DOS. Statistics includes
20 descriptive statistics for univariate distribution, analysis of variance,
partial correlation and multiple regression, time series analysis with
autocorrelation, rank statistics (Friedman, Wilcoxon, Spearman, Median
Mann-Whitney, Kruskal-Wallis), and contingency tables.
- On-line introductory
statistics courses & textbooks and
- On-line textbook covering basic statistics, multivariate analysis, clustering
and classification, data ining, experimental design, linear regression and
nonlinear estimation, nonparametrics, quality control, survival analysis,
time series and more.
- Online statistical
- Extensive metasite listing on-line WWW and Java interactive services,
textbooks, graphics, course materials, journals, teaching material, datasets,
software, and more.
- Econometric software
- Large collection of commercial and public software used in econometrics
including regression, time series analysis, Bayesian analyses, linear modeling,
limited-dependent variables (i.e. censoring & truncation), optimization,
and links to other metasites. From the Econometrics Journal online.
- Comprehensive collection of links to statistical resources on
the Internet, from the US Dept. of Agriculture. Includes software libraries,
journals, departments and organizations, SAS/S+ software, forecasting and
neural network information, and more.
- Matlab toolboxes
- Large collection of software libraries and links associated with the
Matlab software. Topics include statistics, time serles, wavelets, neural networks,
graphics and visualization, fitting and interpolation, filtering and astronommy.
Less extensive lists are also available for Fortran, C/C++, MS Excel and Java
resources at Mathtools.net.
- Software Information Bank of iec ProGamma
- Catalogue and distributor of several hundred packages for data analysis
in the social and behavioral sciences. Includes structural regression modeling,
multivariate analysis, survival analysis, bootstrap and jackknife analysis,
general statistics and data handling.
- Software for
graphics and data analysis
- Enormous list of free, shareware and commercial software packages, toolkits
and libraries for visualization, image processing, data formats and
compression, graphical interfaces. Emphasis on large 2- and 3-dimensional
databases associated with geography, geophysics, oceanography, meteorology,
and climate studies. Most are UNIX-based.
- The following are large metasites for the fields of
statistical pattern recognition,
classification, neural networks, perceptrons, machine vision and learning,
data mining, and image processing (including medical imaging)
Pattern Recognition Group, TU Delft;
Computer vision software, Carnegie-Mellon;
Classification Society of North America;
Knowledge Discovery and data mining, Katholieke Univ; and
St@tServ Data Mining Software.
- Statistics and
Statistical Graphics Resources ,
Statistics on the Web,
Claremont Grad Univ.
- Metasites with several hundred links to Web resources on statistics including
societies, journals, departments, on-ine courses and textbooks,
commercial and public somain software packages, data visualization,
on-line statistical analyses, databases, and more.
- Statistics.com and
- Comprehensive lists of commercial statistical packages.
- Reseller of a large collection (about 80) of commercial statistical packages,
- Fortran libraries
- Collection of public domain libraries including BLAS, EISPACK,
LAPACK, LINPACK. MINPACK, MUDPACK, SLATEC, TOMS, and others. A service of
the Fortran Market.
- Glossaries of
Return to StatCodes homepage