- An update of the well-regarded XGobi program for
interactively exploring multivariate data including
brushing, editing, rotation, grand tour and projection pursiut. (P)
- Visualization Toolkit (vtk)
- Comprehensive visualization system for 3-dimensional graphics, image
and volume processing, many color and texture options, scalar to tensor
displays, filtering and qmodeling, handles large datasets. Extensible C++ code
with Tcl or Java wrappers, P
- Visual Statistics System for multivariate data. Includes structured graphical
interface and many visualization tools,
exploratory and descriptive data analysis (histograms, boxplots, scatterplots,
brushing, means, varianges, medians, correlations, covariances, etc.)
univariate analysis (T-test, Z-test, Wilcoxon, Mann-Whitney, ANOVA),
multivariate analysis (multiple regression, principal components analysis, scaling,
correspondence analysis). Available for UNIX, Windows and Macintosh.
- Interactive statistical computing environment with 2D- and 3-D graphics,
brushing, smoothing tools and density estimation, programming language.
- Software package for the interactive visual exploraton of
multivariate datasets including scatterplots, star glyphs, parallel coordinates,
and dimenensional stacking with N-dimensional brushing. Designed for
UNIX platforms. P
- Advanced Visual Systems (AVS)
- International AVS Centre clearinghouse for visualization software, with over
900 public domain modules.
- Interactive program for navigating through multivariate datasets using
smooth low-dimensional local structures. (P)
- A Java-based visualization tool for analyzing large and complex
high-dimensionality datasets. Available without charge in 1998 by IBM.
- Extensive list of shareware and public domain scientific
data processing, visualization, image analysis, plotting packages and libraries designed for
use with Linux or other UNIX systems. P
- Information Visualization
& Exploration (IVEE)
- Advanced package for data visualization, specializing on dynamic query techniques
(zooming, rangesliders, alphasliders & toggles) and cluster visualization.
More recent commercial versions are available at
Spotfire AB. (P)
- Interactive 2-D and 3-D plotting package (histograms, box plots, time
series, diagrams) with fitting (non-linear, polynomial, spline) and statistics
(summary, distribution fuctions, ANOVA, smoothing). (P)
NASA Ames and
University of Minnesota metasites for scientific visualization
- Extensive descriptions and links to commercial and public
software for 3-dimensionally plotting, contouring, volume rendering, image
processing, animation and videos, fluid visualization, and related topics.
- UNIX-based interactive plotting utility up to 3-dimensions. Flexible plot styles
Geoscience Information Group
- Metasite with links to commercial visualization software oriented towards
geology, geography and related fields.
Return to StatCodes homepage